Saturday, September 22, 2012

No Bake Nutella Pie

I make no bones about my love of Nutella.

Addiction?  That's a strong, but potentially relevant term to describe this love.  I mean, I buy it.  I eat it with such wild abandon that I'm lucky I even remember doing it.  I just can't keep my spoon out of the jar.  

I have a similar problem with peanut butter.

I need help.

This pie is very similar to my Peanut Butter Pie and could not be easier to make.  The flavor is incredible and the toppings take this over the top.  It truly tastes like something you'd buy at a fancy schmancy bakery.  

This will be a great addition to the dessert table when the Holidays come!




No-Bake Nutella Pie
(inspired by my Peanut Butter Pie and  The Pioneer Woman)

Crust
1 box Oreos
4-5 tbsp butter (start with 4)

Filling
1 cup Nutella
1 8oz. brick Neufchatel cheese or cream cheese
1 1/2 cups Confectioner's sugar
1 8oz. tub of Cool Whip
1/4 tsp Vanilla

Topping
Nutella Sauce
Toasted Hazelnuts, chopped




Preheat oven 350F.

Crush the oreos and combine with butter.  Form a crust in a pie pan that extends up the walls of the pan.  Bake for 7 minutes to set.  Let cool.

Combine the Nutella, cream cheese and sugar in a stand mixer.  Carefully fold the whipped topping in until combined.  Spoon into the crust and top with sauce and hazelnuts.

Refrigerate for at least an hour.






Listening to:   Hinder - Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment