Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Speculoos Pie

Cookie butter.

Do you even need another reason to make this than these two words alone?

I love the taste of gingerbread as much as the next person.  But when you combine gingerbread with gingerbread butter and make a pie?  Well, that's a how new level of happy.

If I tried to name off all of the foods I associate with fall, we would be here, literally, forever.  In fact, fall is one of the only seasons that I associate to any food.  My top foods would have to include apples, squash, pumpkins and gingerbread.  These flavors scream changing leave and snow and Christmas music.


Oh, and something I strongly dislike about this time of year?  It's the Christmas music.  Now, I love almost every other facet of the holidays, but the music is the one thing I can do without.  Some of the radio stations around here switch to 100% carols right after Thanksgiving.  

Ugh.

To be fair, there's a couple diamonds in the rough that I will play on Christmas day only because I can actually stomach them.  But that's about it.  You definitely won't find me caroling at your doorstop on December 24th.

Okay, back to gingerbread.

This pie is spiced to the max and so flavorful and good.  Absolutely perfect for the upcoming weather when the spicy sweetness of gingerbread keeps you warm from the inside out.  And, this can not be easier.  I've once again adapted my Peanut Butter Pie recipe to make this and it's absolutely perfect.

My only problem now is the overwhelming number of desserts in my house from the last couple weeks of baking.

And 'no-baking'.





No-Bake Speculoos Pie
(inspired by my Peanut Butter Pie and  The Pioneer Woman)

Crust
1 box Ginger biscuits (I used Biscoff)
4-5 tbsp butter (start with 4)

Filling
1 cup Speculoospasta  (you can substitute store-bought cookie butter if desired)
1 8oz. brick Neufchatel cheese or cream cheese
1 1/2 cups Confectioner's sugar
1 8oz. tub of Cool Whip
1/4 tsp Vanilla



Preheat oven 350F.

Crush the gingerbread biscuits and combine with butter.  Form a crust in a pie pan that extends up the walls of the pan.  Bake for 7 minutes to set.  Let cool.
Combine the speculoospasta, cream cheese and sugar in a stand mixer.  Carefully fold the whipped topping in until combined.  Spoon into the crust.

Refrigerate for at least an hour.


Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.





Listening to:   Michael Jackson - Thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment