Thursday, September 27, 2012

Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes

So, let's talk construction.

Specifically, construction of a house.

We might as well, because you're going to have to hear about it for quite a while.  It's taking FOREVER!  I'm sure most of you stick-built homeowners already know this, but I'm going to complain about it anyway.

I mean, why can't everybody just be on my schedule?

If this were the case, this house would be done yesterday.  I'd be typing this to you from my new living room.  Or, maybe, my new office.  Oh yes, that sounds nice.

Right now, I'm just hoping to have it done by Christmas.  That'd be just super.

Okay, enough complaining.  Let's talk potatoes.

Sweet potatoes, specifically.  I love sweet potatoes in a number of different ways.  So far, I've experimented with gnocchi and baked fries.  These are mostly unadulterated versions of sweet potato goodness.

This time, I decided to go all out with sweet potatoes.  Lots of sweetness and spiciness and creaminess and crispness.  All the best flavors and textures in one little orange potato.

Packed full of brown sugar and cinnamon, these are super sweet and delicious.  Top that with a toasted marshmallow and some streusel, and this is side dish will sweeten up any plate.  I think these would be super good in lieu of yams or a casserole at Thanksgiving.

Ahh, Thanksgiving.  Maybe I can have a harvest feast in my own home this year.

Probably not, but maybe.




Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
(inspired by Lauren's Latest)

4 sweet potatoes
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 stick butter
1 tsp cinnamon
8 large marshmallows
Walnut Streusel



Preheat oven 350F.

Prick potatoes with a fork.  Bake for 40 minutes.

Cut the potatoes in half.  Scoop out the center of the potato into a bowl.  Add the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon.  Spoon the mixture back inside the potato skins.

Spoon walnut streusel over the top of potato mixtures.  Bake for 15 minutes.

Open the oven and place on marshmallow on top of each potato.  Return to oven for another 5-10 minutes.





Listening to:  Christina Aguilera - Love Your Body


No comments:

Post a Comment