Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Carolina BBQ Chicken Pizza


Honey mustard.
 
Quite possibly the best condiment on the face of the imploding planet.
 
For someone who doesn't eat porcine products, my deli tray is permanently and forever turkey.  With honey mustard.  Usually, some mayo.  And, vegetables to make it a wee bit healthier. 
 
Honey mustard on chicken?  Yes, I will do it.  And, I'll love every second of it.
 
So, you can imagine my extreme sadness when I realized I had overlooked that empty jar when surveying my fridge for groceries.  After getting home and realizing my blunder, it was too late.  I had already passed into that lazy post-shopping haze where even the mere thought of forking over cash for food seems impossible. 
 
Luckily, this devastating (overdramatic, much?) incident led me to one of the best discoveries of my cooking life. 
 
Carolina barbeque sauce.
 
You see, my BBQ sauce is loaded full of honey and mustard and literally makes the best honey mustard on the planet.  Again, I'm being overdramatic, but definitely not untruthful. 
 
What... a prize.
 
Everything that makes it such a versatile and savory barbeque sauce amplifies the taste you expect from a simple honey mustard.  And, now the fun begins where you see me plaster it on everything I can like the obsessive-compulsive foodie I am.
 
Including pizza.
 
Seen here.
 
I'd tried honey mustard on pizza once before while living in Binghamton, NY.  A local pizza chain had it on their menu of 20+ varieties and it was one of their top sellers.  And, seriously, this tastes just like that pizza, meaning that I'm not crazy and everybody else loves this stuff, too.  At least, in Binghamton.
 
What else can I do with this super sauce?





Carolina BBQ Chicken Pizza

1 batch Pizza Dough
1/2 lb. chicken
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 red onion, diced
1 cup Carolina BBQ Sauce


Prepare the pizza dough as directed.

Preheat oven 375F.

Cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink.  Toss the chicken in 1/2 of the BBQ sauce.

Roll out pizza dough and spread on a thin layer of BBQ sauce.   Cover with 1 cup cheese.  Add chicken and onions.  Pour leftover sauce over pizza if desired.  Cover with second cup of cheese.

Cook for 20-25 minutes.





Listening to:   Coldplay - Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment