Saturday, September 8, 2012

Buckeyes

College football is back.

Not that this has any bearing on my world.  I go absolutely nuts over anything NFL-related, but I can never get into the collegiate stuff unless I'm actually present and accounted for in the stands.

The same can not be said about several members of my inner circle.  Several of my Alabama-born friends over the years are faithful Roll Tide Rollers.  My cousin in Georgia has two bulldogs just like UGA.  Tiger fans visit yearly from Louisiana.  And then there's my nieces, whose first words were most likely 'Go Buckeyes!'

Obviously, seeing the Buckeyes on every college season prediction commentary, I immediately craved the truffle-y treat of peanut butter and chocolate.  You know, 'cause that's how my head works.  Buckeye holds a completely different meaning in my heart than my nieces.

I know they are not good for me.  I know I should only eat one a day.  Yes, I have a slight grasp on portion control.  But that slight grasp won't stop me from skipping healthy, nutritious meals and replacing them with buckeyes for breakfast, buckeyes for lunch, and then, buckeyes for dinner.  Oh, and dessert.

My dentist loves me.

Usually, I wait until Christmas to break this recipe, but I couldn't resist!




Buckeyes

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk chocolate


Combine the peanut butter, butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl.  Use your hands to make 1" balls of the peanut butter mixture.  Transfer balls to a cookie sheet.  Chill for 1 hour.

Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.

Dip the chilled peanut butter balls in chocolate, leaving the top of the ball exposed to create the buckeye.

Chill again for 1 hour.





Listening to:   One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful


No comments:

Post a Comment