Friday, February 10, 2012

Tater Tot Casserole

This is my life.

I'm venturing out into the world wide web, desperate to earn my Foodie badge of honor, and all I've got to bring to the table is tater tots.

Now, don't get antsy just yet.  As much as I would like to say I love all things natural, gourmet, artisanal, etc., I also believe in reinventing bad food and making it creative and fun.  After all, the point of cooking, to me, is to get a smile at every table setting.  And since my #1 Hubbalubba-kins has a palate that rivals a kindergartener at snack time, my freezer contains everything from Hot Pockets to tater tots.

So, what's a girl to do?

I say, make tater tot casserole.  It's taters, classed up a bit.  And yes, if you're heart desired, I am absolutely positive real potatoes would work in this recipe.  But I've got tots.  So you're getting tots.

In all actuality, I think this recipe is creative.  And kids, or even grown-up kids, would love this.  And don't worry, this temporary insanity will only last the rest of the day.  Tomorrow, I'll try like the dickens to bring you something a little more, ahem, classy.


Tater Tot Casserole

2 lb hamburger
1 medium white onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic
1 cup celery
1 cans of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag tater tots
2 tbsp olive oil


Preheat 350F.

In a large skillet, saute onions, celery and garlic in olive oil on medium heat until the onions are translucent.  Add the hamburger and let it brown.  Drain any excess fat or grease.

Mix in the soup and cheese.  Stir on medium-low until everything is smooth and mixed well.  Pour mixture into a 9x13 pan.

Line the tater tots in a single layer on top of the mixture.

Cook for 20-25 minutes.

Garnish with chopped green onions.


Listening to:   The Police - Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment