Thursday, February 23, 2012

Beef Bulgogi

Soooo... a couple days ago, I introduced you to Venison Bourguignonne, a dish that is super close to my heart and stomach.  Today, I thought I'd whip up another hearty dish that I've made with both beef and game.

I first tried Beef Bulgogi while out for dinner at a Korean restaurant.  When I replicated it at home, I only had venison on hand, but I had equally spectacular results.  And since this is one of the few foreign dishes that both my Hubb and I can agree on, we have become quite adept at the art of Bulgogi.

Plus, this recipe is super easy.  A little time-consuming, yes, but since most of that time is spent waiting for the meat to marinate, I think it's a great dish to throw into the fridge while you're whittling down your 'Honey-Do' list.

Tomorrow, I'll show you a great little side dish I make that is not necessarily Korean-inspired, but does have an Asian flare that complements this dish perfectly.


Beef Bulgogi

1 lb. flank steak
1/2 cup Teriyaki Vinaigrette
2 tbsp sesame oil
1/4 cup diced green onion
3 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Combine all ingredients in a marinating dish.  Refrigerate at least four hours.  I did this in the morning before work so it was ready for dinner.

On a hot grill (I used indoor grill, but outdoor grill is best) and cook until to desired doneness.  I like mine medium-well with a healthy amount of char, so I cooked each side for 3-4 minutes.



Listening to:   Cartel - Lose It

No comments:

Post a Comment