Saturday, January 28, 2012

White Chicken Chili

Ahhh... Saturday.

If only I could express my love of Saturdays in words, you might understand how good I feel today.

The sun is even shining today, which is crazy because New York sky in January is typically every shade of gray.  It's still kind of cold, though.  So, if I'm going to go outside today, I'm going to need a hot meal to keep me going.

I'm a big fan of chili.  But up until now, my adventures in chili making consisted of a pound of groundbeef,  a can of beans and a packet of chili seasoning... not exactly creative.

So, when I found a white version with chicken, I thought it would be worth trying.  And, it turned out great.  It's very spicy and flavorful.  The salsa verde was homemade, and I'll put the recipe up tomorrow. You can use store-bought salsa verde as well.


White Chicken Chili

6 cloves garlic, minced
1 white onion, diced
4 chicken breasts, cubed
1 cup salsa verde
2 cans white beans, undrained
2 tbsp olive oil


In a large pot, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.

Add chicken.  Cook until the center of chicken is no longer pink.

Add salsa verde and beans.  Let simmer on medium-low for 20 minutes.



Listening to:   Jason Aldean - Big Green Tractor

No comments:

Post a Comment