Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Peanut Butter No Bake Cookie Bars

If you stick around long enough, you're going to learn some things about me.  Things you're not going to like.

For one, the chances of seeing bacon or ham in any recipe I make is slim to none.  And by that, I mean none.  I am not a swine-lover.  Sorry.

Two.  I do love peanut butter.  All the time.  In fact, my diet yesterday consisted of alternating spoonfuls of honey-flavored peanut butter and ranch flavored Doritos.  And, it's genetic because my Gram is addicted to the stuff too, even though she is, quote, "the good kind of allergic".  Basically, she's cool with hives as long as her airway doesn't close up.

These peanut butter No Bakes were not my idea originally.  Although, they do taste like something straight out of my dreams.

And currently, I've got two jars, well, one and a half jars of creamy honey peanut butter and two jars of extra chunky peanut butter.  So, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of peanut-butter flavored recipes in my future.  Either that, or I'll have to double my daily spoonful quota.



Peanut Butter No Bake Cookie Bars

2 cups sugar
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
2 cups instant oats

Combine sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan over medium heat.  Bring to a boil and allow it to boil up to two minutes, stirring continuously.  Remove from heat.

Add in vanilla, peanut butter and oats.  Stir constantly until the mixture begins to thicken.  Pour into a 9" square casserole dish.  Leave plain, or top with any additional toppings of your choice, like chocolate ganache or candy pieces.  Allow to cool completely.  Cut into bars.



Listening to:   Cage The Elephant - Ain't No Rest For The Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment