Thursday, January 19, 2012

Gingerbread Butter

Speculoospasta.  Cookie butter.  Gingerbread butter.

Whatever you want to call it, this recipe is it.  Well, sort of.

Most recipes call for pulverized ginger biscuits emulsified in oil.  But that sounds way too easy.  I like doing things the hard way.  Plus, I'm too impatient for any baking today.

Instead, I'm just incorporating the best part of ginger cookies (AKA the spices) to create a creamy butter mixture.  The gingerbread flavor is one of my favorites (then again, I have a lot of favorites), and I think that this would be good on any spice-flavored bread or pastry, especially the pumpkin and ginger concoctions that surface every holiday season.

1 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger



Listening to:   Mariah Carey - Dreamlover

No comments:

Post a Comment