Sunday, January 8, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup

Ahhhhh ...

I.am.so.tired.

I spent the entire day doing absolutely nothing, and I am exhausted.  Please tell me you're familiar with this type of irony.

The Hubbalub is sick.  He's battling round #2 of a sinus infection and I spent all Sunday AKA Football's Wildcard Weekend Sunday caring for him.  I mean, it's not too hard to care for Mr. Nice & Easy since he really only requests that I keep a full stock of NyQuil and cherry-flavored Kool-Aid.

But at one point during his drug-induced coma today, he mumbled something about wanting some chicken noodle soup.  I jumped at the chance.  I needed something, anything to stave off the boredom.

Normally, he'd be completely fine with the condensed version, but I was realllyyyyy bored and wanted to spend as much time in the kitchen to avoid time in the sphere of near-death known as Hub's bedside.

I tried to recall the ingredients in soups I'd eaten in the past.  Then I kind of dazed off and just started chopping up a crisper drawer full of veggies.

I wish someone could vouch for this soup because it's delicious.  And cozy.  And healing (maybe).  Unfortunately, my taste tester's unable to taste anything at the moment, so you'll have to take my word for it.



Chicken Noodle Soup

2 quarts chicken stock
1 large can of chicken
2 1/2 cups noodles (I used egg noodles, but you can get creative)
2 stalks celery, finely diced
2 carrot, finely diced
1/2 white onion, finely diced
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp parsley flakes
2 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste

Boil pasta.  Strain and set aside.

In a large soup pot, combine onion, garlic, celery and carrots and saute on medium heat.  Let the vegetables soften.

Add in stock, chicken and seasonings.  Raise the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.  Reduce to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.



Listening to:   All Time Low - Jasey Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment