Saturday, January 7, 2012

Roasted Cauliflower with Dill Dipping Sauce

Saturday morning.

No work.  No alarm clocks.  Cartoons.  Carbohydrate-laden breakfasts of pancakes, waffles and toast.

Oh, wait... my pantry is empty.  So is my fridge.  Save for three heads of cauliflower.  Three.

Why?  I don't know.  Cauliflower goes pretty quick in our house.  So the fact that we have three whole heads left in the crisper is strange for us.

It's not exactly a go-to weekend breakfast.  In fact, if it's not dessert, it's probably not a weekend breakfast to me.  But, I'm hungry.  Therefore, I'm whiny.  And cranky.

Every vegetable I've ever eaten can be labeled "Good raw, Better roasted," so I'm hoping the same is true for cauliflower.  And, I think dill dip is a perfect complement to raw cauliflower, so I'm trying it out with roasted florets.

If this satisfies my Saturday morning hunger pains, this may make a permanent home on my party appetizer menu!



Roasted Cauliflower with Dill Dipping Sauce

Cauliflower:
1 head cauliflower
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tbsp grated parmesan (optional)

Dill Dip:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp dried dill weed
1 tbsp minced onion
Salt & Pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 400F.

Cut the cauliflower into florets and toss into a large bowl.  Add in the minced garlic, olive oil and seasonings.  Toss until florets are evenly and thinly coated.

Set cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet.  Bake 30-35 minutes, or until cauliflower is fork-tender.  Sprinkle with grated parmesan if desired.

For the dip, combine all ingredients in a bowl.  For serving, transfer dill mixture into the center  bowl of a dip tray.  Lay the roasted cauliflower around the outer ring of the tray.  You may also try using other vegetables like celery, carrots and broccoli with this dip as well.



Listening to:   Cobra Starship with Sabi - You Make Me Feel...

No comments:

Post a Comment