Monday, January 23, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Miss me?

It's true.  I've been gone on a three-day weekend, but I'm making it up to you.

So much so, in fact, that I'm going to give you three extra recipes.  And, they are all in the same flavor family so you can make them with most of the same ingredients.  But first, let me give you a brief summary of my weekend so you can understand why exactly I'm throwing all of this at you.

On friday, I went out to the local fire hall for a fish & chicken fry.  When I got the chicken home, I spiced it up with a little hot sauce and made myself a Chicken Wing Sandwich.

Saturday, my friends and I threw a little winter BBQ in the garage.  After getting three kerosene heaters lit, I was warm and toasty and ready to dive into some roasted BBQ turkey and a big pan of Chicken Wing Dip.

Then Sunday came and with it, the NFL Conference Championships.  So, I spent valuable blogging time whipping up a bunch of dishes for the inevitable wave of football fans that paraded into my house.  The Giants won, which was more exciting for the Hubbalub than for me since I bleed black and gold (Go Steelers), but the Chicken Wing Mac & Cheese was a huge hit too!

Now it's Monday.  And I was really hoping I'd be chicken winged out.

But I'm not.

And there's a frozen pizza crust in my freezer that's begging for a little Buffalo-style love.



Buffalo Chicken Pizza

1 pizza crust
3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
2 lbs shredded chicken, cooked
2 1/2 cups mozzerella cheese
3 stalks celery, finely diced
1/2 white onion, finely diced
2 tbsp olive oil
Bleu cheese or ranch dressing (optional)
Salt & Pepper to taste


Preheat oven 400F.

In olive oil, saute onions and celery over medium heat until soft, about 5-7 minutes.  Add hot sauce and chicken.  Cook for 3-5 minutes.

Roll out dough.  Layer on chicken mixture.  Season lightly with salt and pepper.  Spread mozzarella cheese over the top.

Bake in oven for 7-10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and browned.

Serve with salad dressing for dipping.



Listening to:  Etta James - At Last  

No comments:

Post a Comment