Friday, May 18, 2012

Mississippi Sin Dip

This dip is what I assume doctors are referring to when they list foods to stay away from.

Cream cheese.
Cheddar cheese.
Sour cream.

In one?

I was recently introduced to this recipe from a friend of mine who comes from Alabama originally (Roll Tide!).  She told me that this recipe is one that she had loved since she was a kid, but was hard to find since it's apparently taboo to eat Mississippi food while standing in Alabama.

Since she's now in New York, a neutral zone, she could finally make the dip.  And she shared.

I wasn't able to get a big taste of the dip as there was ham involved.

You know how I feel about ham.

But, I decided to try this recipe my way, so I substituted the ham for chipped beef.  The result is nothing short of delicious, and I believe it's definitely comparable (if not way better) than the ham version.

But, as always, you're welcome to see for yourself.



Mississippi Sin Dip

1 loaf of French bread
2 cups yellow cheddar cheese
1 8oz. brick cream cheese
2 cups sour cream
1 cup chipped beef
1/3 cup green chiles, finely diced
1/3 cup green onions, finely diced
1/4 tsp tabasco sauce
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce


Preheat oven 350F.

Mix all of the dip ingredients together except for a 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese.  Pour into a greased 9x9 baking dish.  Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling.

Cut the French bread into cubes to serve with the dip.  You can also hollow out the inside of the loaf to make a bread bowl if you prefer.




Listening to:  Nicki Minaj - Roman

No comments:

Post a Comment