Sunday, May 13, 2012

Batter French Toast

Cake with breakfast?

Yes, please.  As if me cramming a bunch of colorful, sweet, batter-flavored pancakes down your throat weren't enough, I've come back with french toast.

Oh, but this is good french toast.  Believe me.

I've got enough of this boxed mix and sugary glaze lying around my kitchen, so I put it to good use on one of my favorite breakfasts.

I was hesitant at first because I didn't know what consistency the soaking mixture would come out.  Luckily, it was still wet enough to soak the bread properly and cook normally.

Plus, if you're like me, you like Confectioner's sugar sprinkled over the top of your french toast.  The glazes we made for the pancakes are a perfect fit!




Cake Batter French Toast

4 pieces of thick-sliced bread
2 eggs
1/4 milk
1/3 cup boxed mix
1/2 tsp vanilla
Sprinkles


Heat a skillet or griddle on medium heat.

Combine eggs, milk, boxed mix, sprinkles and vanilla in a shallow dish.  Dip the bread into the mixture to coat.

Place the soaked bread onto the skillet/griddle.  Cook for 2-3 minutes.  Flip, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.

Drizzle with appropriate glaze and and more sprinkles!





Listening to:   The Lonely Island - I'm On A Boat



No comments:

Post a Comment