Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lemon Balm Lemonade

With such a heatwave in my neck of the woods, as well as a ton of holiday-related festivities and showers, I've been working hard to come up with tons of good drinks to put on ice.

I used this recipe for a baby shower recently.  I wanted to jazz up a pitcher of pink lemonade (to go with pink everything else), so I garnished the drinks with fresh lemon balm.  Now, I keep this frozen lemonade syrup in my freezer at all times.  Because I want it at all times.

So perfect on a hot day!




Lemon Balm Lemonade
(inspired by my Cilantro Limeade)


1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup fresh lemon balm
1 1/2 cups lemon juice
6 cups water


Combine the sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan on medium low.  Allow the mixture to simmer until all of the sugar is completely dissolved. 

Remove from heat and add the lemon .  Let steep until the mixture is room-temperature.

Add the lemon juice.  (At this point, the concentrate is done.  You can freeze for later.)

When ready to serve, add the concentrate and 6 cups of water in a large pitcher of ice.

Garnish with a lemon wedge and a couple sprigs of lemon grass or more lemon balm.




Listening to:   3oh!3 - Richman

No comments:

Post a Comment