Saturday, May 19, 2012

Margarita Pie

Margaritassss.



I really enjoy them.

I don't like tequila per se, but when you mix it with limes, triple sec and salt, I'm a sucker.

So, when I headed over to my momma's house for a belated Mother's day celebration yesterday, I was more than overjoyed to find that she had brought home a version of this pie her coworker had made.  Non-alcoholic, of course, considering that she works with wee little children all day long.  But, it made me yearn for a real margarita, or, at least, real tequila and triple sec.

So, I immediately got to work.  And, the results... perfection.  Creamy.  Zesty.  Cool.  Sharp.  Salty.  All the best adjectives to describe a well-crafted margarita, but in pie form.

Can you resist?



Margarita Pie
(adapted from Food Network)

Crust:
1 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted

Filling:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lime juice
3 tbsp tequila
2 tbsp Triple Sec
1 container frozen whipped topping



Combine the pretzels, sugar and butter in a large bowl.  Press into the bottom of a pie pan.

In a stand mixer, combine the milk, lime juice, tequila and triple sec in a stand mixer. Fold in the whipped topping.  Pour into the pretzel crust.

Smooth out and garnish with lime slices.




Listening to:   Alice Cooper - School's Out


No comments:

Post a Comment