Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Amaretto Sour Lemon Bars

This is becoming a trend.

Like the habit I have of adding Frank's Red Hot to everything savory.  Or, that obsession I had recently to include cake batter in everything sweet.

Yeah, it's kinda like that.

I'm becoming increasing more preoccupied with the concept of booze in my food.  Boozefood.

I mean, who doesn't like wine in their pasta sauce?  Or limoncello in their cupcakes?  Tequila in their key lime bars?

The lime bars actually inspired this recipe.  I love lemon bars. I above love amaretto sours.

Combine the two?  Mmmmmm... heaven.

This recipe is similar to the lime bars, too, in that omitting the amaretto still leaves you with an out-of-this-world lemon bar.  It's like getting two recipes in one!

Booze me.



Amaretto Sour Lemon Squares
(adapted from my Margarita Key Lime Bars)

Crust:
1 cup finely crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted

Filling:
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest
2/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp amaretto
1/2 tsp salt



Preheat oven 350F.

For the crust, combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Smush mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.  Let cool.

For the filling, combine all the ingredients in the bowl until smooth.  Spread over crust.  Bake an additional 15-20 minutes.

Refrigerate overnight.  Garnish with Confectioner's sugar and toasted almond slivers.




Listening to:   Jimmy Buffet - It's 5 O'clock Somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment