Friday, August 10, 2012

White Bean Dip

After making Black Bean Dip, I decided to try this variation, too!

The Black Bean dip has a decidedly Mexican flavor which makes it perfect for tortilla chips and as an appetizer for spicy, "South of the Border" cuisine.

White Bean Dip is a completely different animal, offering flavors that are Italian and Greek in nature.  I served this up with some toasted pita chips and felt like I was ready to dive headfirst into the warm, blue Mediterranean.

I can't tell which is better.

What do you think?




White Bean Dip

1 lb. white cannellini beans, soaked and drained
2 tbsp minced garlic (I used roasted garlic for a little added sweetness)
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp rosemary sprigs
Salt & Pepper to taste


Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree.

Serve with toasted pita chips.




Listening to:   Pink - Blow Me One Last Kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment