Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Crab Rangoons

Here's where the battle lines are clearly drawn in this house.

Fish and seafood.

See, I love fish.  And seafood.  And, anything that comes out of the water that isn't an octopus, squid, oyster or clam.

Crab.  Yes.

Lobster.  Yes.

Fish.  Yes.

Frogs.  Amphibian, so I don't know for sure if they're technically "seafood", but yes.

Alligator.  Never tried yet, but based on first impression... highly probable.

Clams.  Ehhh... I don't get it.  Once you've sucked all that delicious butter off of them, they just taste like a scrap of inter-tube trying to obstruct your airway and choke you to death on the way down.

I'll pass, thanks.

The Hubbalubbs?  He doesn't do fish.  No seafood.  No nada.

So, when I make Crab Rangoons, I generally only make a few to satisfy my craving.  That's why I'm okay with buying real crab meat instead of imitation.  I use so little at a time that I don't have to bust a whole paycheck for one night's worth of dinner.

However, I've used this recipe as an party appetizer to make about 50-60 of these bad boys in one sitting.  So, I'm giving you a recipe that's intended for larger crowds for the sake of simplicity.

Enjoy!




Crab Rangoons


1 8oz. brick cream cheese
4 oz. crab meat
1/3 cup scallions, finely diced
1 tbsp minced garlic
Wonton wrappers
Oil for frying


Combine the cream cheese, crab, scallions and garlic in a large bowl.

Place a small spoonful of meat in a wonton wrapper.  Seal the edges of the wrapper with a couple drops of water.

Place the wontons in hot oil and fry until golden and crispy.

Serve with duck sauce.





Listening to:   The Go-Gos - Our Lips Are Sealed

No comments:

Post a Comment