Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Batter Milkshakes

Maybe it's because I have no self-control.

Maybe it's because I've been good and haven't had ice cream in like, two weeks, or something.

Maybe it's because this is so good, I couldn't go another day without telling you about it.

The weather in these parts is already turning to fall.  In the daytime, we get temperatures that peak in the 70s, which is plenty hot enough for me.  No need to wear a jacket and no unbearable humidity.

Win.

At night, the temperature drops to the 30s and 40s.  Yes, that's brisk.  Especially when you haven't experienced that kind of chill since March.  But, definitely, still welcome over those mornings you wake up already sweaty and miserable.

I'm not really sure why I didn't try these milkshakes until now.   They definitely would have been welcome during last month's heat wave.  They're cool and refreshing and surprisingly light for such an intense, heavy flavor.  Plus, they are super easy.

I switched it up a little bit by substituting frozen yogurt for ice cream, but I think it's great.  I've been trying to make food a little healthier with easy substitutions here and there, and this is one that works well.  You can't tell the difference!

You definitely need some warm weather to enjoy these so you don't have to wear a blanket while you sip (like I did).  But if there's none in the forecast coming your way, you totally have my permission to turn on the heat, get a toasty fire going and relax by the flames with this easy, breezy, tasty shake.




Batter Milkshakes

1 cup frozen vanilla yogurt
1 cup skim milk
3/4 cup boxed cake mix

Mix ingredients together to your desired thickness.

Garnish with sprinkles.


Variation:
Batter Martini:
Add 2 oz. of flavored vodka.  Depending on the type of boxed mix, you can pick a flavor that most closely matches the flavor of the milkshake.

For a thinner martini, omit the yogurt and decrease the vodka to 1oz.

Garnish as desired.





Listening to:   OutKast - Shake It



No comments:

Post a Comment