Thursday, August 30, 2012

Monkey Butter

It's no secret that I like pina coladas.

By now, you've realized that I've got a ton of pina colada recipes to share.  And, since coconut is one of my all-time favorite flavors, using it in recipes is no difficult task for me.

Only in the last few years have I developed a taste for pineapple.  I still can't choke down a ring of fresh pineapple, but I do enjoy a nice caramelized chunk fresh of the grill.  They also make an appearance in several desserts I enjoy.  Obviously, I'm a fan of pineapple in my drinks.

So, when I learned about monkey butter, I knew it was something I had to try.  The flavor of pineapple and coconut, together with bananas make this spread a perfect tropical trifecta.

This spread is so sweet and fruity, and it goes so well on top of a slice of sweet pound cake.  I'm sure it works on other things, but that's all I had on hand.  I feel like I need to go bake a whole batch of muffins just so I can eat them with monkey butter.  Or, maybe as a filling inside cupcakes.  The ideas are endless.

Make this ASAP!



Monkey Butter

6 bananas, peeled and mashed
3 cups fresh pineapple
1 cup flaked coconut
4 cups sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice


Place all of the ingredients in a large pot.  Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Can the mixture into 4 sterilized pint jars.  Keep in a cool, dark place until ready to use.




Listening to:   The Beach Boys - Surfin' In The USA

No comments:

Post a Comment