Sunday, August 5, 2012

Apple Pie French Toast

Having children at your house is a wonderful thing.

Having children at your house that you can send home to their parents at the end of the day?

That's heaven.

Don't get me wrong.  I love spending time with the Littles of my family.  They are well-behaved and super entertaining.  I just don't think I could eat this good every day.  I love spoiling them with yummy foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  My favorite time to look up new and creative recipes is when I know I'm going to have someone there to enjoy them with.

Hubbs doesn't count.  He eats everything.  It makes him an unreliable source of feedback.

For breakfast, I wanted to try something new and tasty.  Something that I knew they would love.

Apple Pie?   Well, that's dessert, of course.

French toast?  That's breakfast.

Dessert for breakfast?

I think so.




Apple Pie French Toast

1 loaf of French bread, sliced
3 eggs
1 cup milk
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp Apple Pie Spice

Topping:

4 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and finely sliced

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon




In a bowl, eggs, milk, cinnamon and spice.

In a large sauce pan, combine the apples, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon over medium-low heat.  Cook until the apples soften, about 10 minutes.

Dip the bread into the egg mixture to coat.  Cook bread in a skillet until the bread is golden brown.  Flip the bread and cook the other side until golden brown.

Remove from heat.  Top with the apple topping.





Listening to:  The Killers - When You Were Young



No comments:

Post a Comment