Monday, August 20, 2012

Beer Margaritas

We've got a big party this weekend at house.

Every year, my Hubbalubbakins hosts a picnic/bonfire/party for his fellow firefighters.  This usually means that I get to spend the second-to-last week of summer sweating my buns off outside prepping the lawn and patio, cleaning the garage, scrubbing grills, and decorating everything in sight with red and gold.  Oh, and relearning how to drive a brittle, old tractor every year so I can gather fallen tree limbs and construct a larger-than-safe bonfire to light after sundown.

Then, there are the occasional pleasant chores that come with Firemen's Picnic weekend.  There's no better trip to the grocery store than when you're buying goodies for a party.

Appetizers?  Check.

Meat... lots o' meat?  Check.

Dessert?  Check.

S'Mores?  Check.

Beer... lots o' beer?  Check!

And, I love logging in to the blogosphere for new recipes and crafts I can debut at the party.  Trust me, you'll get to see a bunch a great new ideas I've been trying out of the picnic gets closer.

First on the list?  Beer Margaritas.

Now, as I've stated previously (several times), margaritas really are not my go-to drink of choice.  Mostly, because tequila is not my go-to liquor of choice.  My mom is actually the one who suggested this drink.  She had bought a frozen drink mixer from a home party that required beer and tequila.  Trust me, that mixer was not your average margarita!

After that, I started seeing beer margaritas showing up on restaurant and bar menus.  You know, those margarita glasses with an upside down beer bottle in it?  Yup, that's what I'm talkin' about!

So, I went out and got the ingredients for my own Beer Margaritas, and I'm sharing my success with you!

Happy Monday!




Beer Margaritas
(inspired by my mom and my Frozen Blue Margarita)

1 6 oz. can frozen limeade concentrate
1/4 cup tequila
2 tbsp Triple Sec or Cointreau
1-2 tbsp orange juice
2 cups crushed ice
1 12oz. bottle of beer (I used Blue Light with Lime)

Combine the limeade, tequila, triple sec, orange juice and ice into a blender and blend until smooth.  Pour into a margarita glass with a salted rim.

Tip the full beer bottle into the margarita.  Garnish with lime wedge.





Variation #1:
Orange Mango Beer Margarita -  Substitute Mango Margarita Concentrate for the Limeade.  Use an Orange flavored beer like Blue Moon or Shock Top.


Variation #2:
Strawberry Beer Margarita - Substitute Strawberry Margarita Concentrate for the Limeade.  Use a Lime flavored beer, wine cooler or hard lemonade.




Listening to:   Garth Brooks - Friends In Low Places

No comments:

Post a Comment