Thursday, August 9, 2012

Black Bean Dip

I really wish I knew what was putting me into this bean-y mood...

After making dip with refried beans the other day (and having oh so fantastic, mouthwatering results), I became curious about what other types of bean dips I could come up with.  I mean, there's tons of different kinds of beans on the planet.  Could there be limitless numbers of bean dips on the planet too?

I don't think I can take much more infinity in my life...

I decided to start with a classic.  Black Bean Dip.

I actually had to go out on a mini-shopping-spree for these puppies.  Turns out, my grocer does not keep all beans in the same section of the store.  That's mighty handy.

That's sarcasm.

Seriously, I head in on a mad dash towards pinto beans, and find that black and white beans are in not one, but TWO separate locations.  Geesh!  How am I supposed to dazzle you with Black Bean Dip or White Bean Dip in these kinds of conditions???

Fortunately, after what felt like hours, but was probably only, like, five minutes, I find all the ingredients I needed to bring you this fabulous dessert.

I don't often use the word, "fabulous".  But, I am exhausted from hiking through the supermarket and no other adjectives seem to be good enough to do this dip justice.  Take that as a good thing.



Black Bean Dip

1 lb. black beans, soaked and drained
1/2 red onion, diced
1 Roma tomato, diced
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp fresh cilantro
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste



Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and puree.

Serve with tortilla chips.




Listening to:  Ellie Goulding - Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment