Thursday, August 2, 2012

Baked Squash Chips

After yesterday's beet chips,  I've been in a chip-making frenzy.

It's crazy to me that I can make such great snack food myself.  I started surfing about the internet and found that there are tons of other folks who feel the same way I do.  The truth is, baking your own chips is exponentially healthier than anything you can buy in a bag.

Plus, there's something really exciting to me that I can choose from a number of different vegetables to bake that are just as tasty as eating up on all sorts of guilty snack foods.  Different colors, different flavors.  No additional calories.

Today, I started experimenting with some new vegetables, like butternut squash, yellow summer squash and zucchini.  I baked them the same way I did the beets, and I got equally awesome results.  Because these are not as sweet as the beets, I thought these might be good with a traditional sour cream-based dip.  They are definitely good plain, too!

What a colorful array of vegetables to choose from!



Baked Squash Chips

1 butternut squash
1 yellow summer squash
1 zucchini
1-2 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste



Preheat oven 350F.

Cut the vegetables in slices using a mandolin.



To coat the squash, I used a refillable aerosol container to spray the olive oil.  If you don't have one, toss with olive oil and salt in a large bowl.

Lay the vegetables out on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet.  Place another cookie sheet over top to help them keep their flat shape.

Bake 15-20 minutes.  Let cool.






Listening to:   P. Diddy - I'll Be Missing You

No comments:

Post a Comment