Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hot Cocoa Mix

Want to know what happens when someone falls into a massive pothole (thanks City Road Crew...) and busts their ankle apart?

Well, I'll tell you.

You spend an unusual amount of time on the computer because you can't get out of bed and someone left the television remote on the dresser where you can't reach it.

You watch movies on Netflix.  You watch videos of stupid people doing stupider things and feeling the utmost stupidest of all for laughing at them.

You don't go to the kitchen and make food.  That sucks.  But, you do scour the internet for recipes that you'll conquer the day you successfully stand upright on two legs again.

Here's some trends I found that I'm hoping to conquer in the near future.  Most of them are deserts, which was a cruel game I played with myself seeing as I had no one around to bring me sweets of any kind, but it gave me a list of things I'm looking to try in the months ahead.  Okay, maybe the days ahead, since I have no concept of time management or scheduling.



1.  Red Velvet

Now, I know I've got quite a few recipes on this site devoted to my favoritest cake, but do you know how many other uses red velvet has?  And just to make it easy for me to bookmark my checklist, Foodie Crush has made a list of unusual red velvet recipes for me to try.


2. Cake Batter

Again, I found a list of unusual cake batter deserts from Pizzazzerie that I'm dying to try.  Who doesn't like cake batter all day, every day?  Not me.  There are even pancakes for my breakfast fix!


3. Hot Chocolate

This brings me to my point for today.  I've had a recipe for homemade hot chocolate powder for over a year now, but it never dawned on me to share it.  After checking out Love From The Oven's blog, I learned that hot chocolate mix is responsible for cupcakes, cookies, brownies and even donuts with that cozy hot chocolatey flavor.  So, my new goal (since running that 5k next weekend is looking less than slim) is to test out these hot cocoa-inspired treats with my own homemade mix and see what happens.

Here's the mix recipe:


Hot Cocoa Mix
1 cup dry milk powder
2/3 cup Confectioner's sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp powdered creamer

Combine all ingredients into a jar.

Mix with boiling water to serve.

If storing, pour into a jar and keep in a room temperature area.




Listening to:  Selena Gomez & The Scene - Hit The Lights


No comments:

Post a Comment