Sunday, April 15, 2012

Steak & Horseradish Bites

This appetizer is delicious.

Not that I would tell you otherwise.  Not that I would post it, otherwise.

But, seriously.  If I had another adjective to describe this, I would use it.

Would you prefer an anecdote?

Like, how I made this with meticulous precision.  Then, I displayed it on an appetizer tray like I was earning presentation points.

Oh, then I ate nearly the entire tray.

I have no self-control.

No one should eat as much steak, onions or horseradish as I did.  It makes no one want to stand within smelling distance of your face.  But, that's a thought that came to me only in hindsight.

Eat this.  In moderation.  Now.



Steak & Horseradish Bites

1 French Baguette, sliced
2 lb. steak meat
4 tbsp olive oil, divided
1/2 cup prepared Horseradish sauce
2 white onions, thinly sliced into strips
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce


Caramelize the onions in 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet.

In another pan, cook the meat and garlic in 2 tbsp olive oil and Worcestershire sauce to desired doneness.  Let cool a bit, then cut into thin strips.

Cover a slice of baguette with Horseradish sauce.  Top with 2-3 slices of steak, depending on the thickness, then caramelized onions.




Listening to:   Britney Spears - Toxic

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! great appetizer for happy hour at the b & b!

    ReplyDelete