Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chicken Piccata Pizza

Remember the other day, when I made you Vodka Pizza?

Well, I made the pizza as the main dish for a dinner with two close friends.  It came out even tastier than I conjured up in my mind, which is saying a lot since I daydreamed about how tasty this pizza should theoretically be.

Turning this pasta dish into a pizza made me curious about what else I could do to pizza.  Instantly, my mind went to chicken piccata.  I don't exactly know why, but I'm assuming it has something to do with the new bottle of unopened white wine in my fridge that calls my name every time I open the door.  Usually, it says, "drink me! drink me! you know you want to!" (and yes, I do), but this time, it was a little more verbose.  Something like, "Slather me on pizza dough and blanket me with mounds of cheese, blah blah blah...".  You get the idea...

So as not to disappoint, I did just that.

And I'm so glad I did.

OH. MY. GOSH. IS. THIS. GOOD!

I just, I have no words.  Just promise me you'll try it so you can be stunned into silence like me.

Please?



Chicken Piccata Pizza

1 batch Pizza Dough
1 cup Piccata Sauce
2 cups Mozzarella cheese
1 lb. chicken, cubed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup marinated artichokes, diced


Preheat oven 375F.

Cook the chicken in olive oil until done.

Roll out the dough to make a pizza crust.  Cover with piccata sauce.

Top with cheese, chicken and artichokes.

Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.




Listening to:  Paramore - Hallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment