Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Vodka Pizza

I'm taking a day off from Easter because the idea of making more holiday food is literally making my stomach turn.  I just can't fathom the idea of looking at another potato or green bean.  So, tonight I'm eating pizza.  Because it's 100% un-Easter.

I've been talking about vodka pizza for a couple weeks now, but never had the gusto to actually get up and make a full-on pizza dough from scratch, and then top the pizza with vodka sauce from scratch.  It just seemed like an awful lot of work, to be honest.

But, the Hubbs has been as equally vocal about wanting vodka pizza as well, and frankly, I'm making it because I'm tired of hearing BOTH of us.  So, here it is.  For you.  For me.  For Hubbs.

For my sanity.



Vodka Pizza

1 batch Pizza Dough
1 lb. chicken breast
2 cups mozzarella cheese1 white onion, diced
1 red pepper


Vodka Sauce
1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup top shelf vodka
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup cream
1 tbsp parsley flakes
1 tbsp dried basil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp olive oil, divided in half
Salt & Pepper to taste


Cook chicken in 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until completely cooked.  Cut into thin slices.

Saute onion and peppers in 1 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat until soft and onions become translucent.  


In a large pot, combine garlic, tomatoes, parsley, basil, red pepper flakes, and seasonings.  Cover and simmer on medium-low for 15-20 minutes.  Stir in vodka and cream.  


Preheat oven 450F.


Pour up to a cup of vodka sauce onto pizza dough.  Top the sauce with cheese, then chicken, onions and peppers.  Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is brown and bubbly.






Listening to:   Skid Row - 18 and Life

No comments:

Post a Comment