Saturday, January 11, 2014

Beef Barbacoa

2014 is not starting out the way I had hoped.

This whole 'polar vortex' thing where record lows were set all over the country affected my neck of the woods very little.  Oh, except for the part where it dumped sixty inches of snow on us.

60 inches...

5 feet...

Just a few inches shy of covering my whole vertical body.

Perfect.

This storm caused most of us to stay inside for several days.  This left me to scour through my fridge for things I could throw together.  Some beef, some taco seasoning, some pico de gallo...

Voila!  Beef Barbacoa for dinner.

I didn't have anything other than tortilla chips, so this beef dish became a big plate of nachos by the time I was done.  The flavor was authentic Mexican and the beef came out super moist and tender after cooking in the beef broth.  I think this would be perfect stuffed inside some tortillas for a barbacoa burrito as well.

This hot beef dish will definitely keep you warm in the middle of a polar vortex!






Beef Barbacoa

2 lbs. beef brisket
2 cups Pico de Gallo
2 cups beef broth
2 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tsp Taco Seasoning
2 minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 bay leaf
Salt & Pepper to taste


Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.

Cook on medium heat for 6-8 hours.

Pull meat apart with forks to shred.  Remove bay leaf prior to serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment