Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Maple Sweet Potato Butter & Fluff Toasted Sandwich

Does anybody else here love Peyton Manning?

The more I watch these sports shows today gearing up for the Broncos v. Patriots game this weekend, the more I develop an insane crush on this man.

It started way back when he first appeared on Saturday Night Live.  I was... smitten, to say the least.  It had never even occurred to me that such a good athlete could be so funny, too.  In fact, if I didn't watch football, I'd risk it all on the Broncos if only for the fact that Manning's SNL performance was leaps and bounds better than Tom Brady's (no offense, #12). 

You know when January comes that my posts become way less about food, and way more about the playoffs.  Only my favorite time of the year.  Legit.

In fact, if I had to choose between Christmas and the Super Bowl...  well, let's save that debate for another day, shall we?

Diverting your attention to the matter at hand... I made you a sandwich.

This recipe is what I've been gearing up for in the last week.  The moment when I can use the Maple Sweet Potato Butter in a sandwich that makes me feel like I'm back in November gearing up for a big Thanksgiving dinner.

If you're a fan of the typical sweet potatoes topping with a healthy dose of syrup and marshmallows, then trust me when I say that you're going to be a big fan of this sandwich.

It's sweet and savory and completely filling.  Plus, it's super easy, but tastes like you put a ton of effort into it, which is one of my favorite parts of a good recipe.

This sandwich might make Thanksgiving my second favorite holiday, after... well, you know.







Maple Sweet Potato Butter & Fluff Toasted Sandwich

2 slices cinnamon raisin bread
2 tbsp Maple Sweet Potato Butter
2 tbsp Marshallow Fluff
1 tbsp butter


Butter both sides of each slice of bread.

Spread Maple Sweet Potato Butter on one slice.  Spread Marshmallow Fluff on the other slice.

Combine slices and place sandwich inside toaster oven.

Toast until bread is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment