Monday, January 13, 2014

Maple Sweet Potato Butter

 After making my Coconut Ube Butter, I got the urge to make some sweet potato butter, too.

Not because one can never have enough potato butter in their pantry, even though I'm starting to think that this notion could be true. 

The urge came from the fact that my brain runs, literally, too fast for my own good.  I mean, I literally thought up a hundred good ideas to post on here throughout the day, including a sandwich I'm going to make in the next few days that I predict will change the world.  Or, at least my world. But, to get to that sandwich, I had to go through a twisting and turning chain of events that started with Coconut Ube Butter and led me to the present.

I feel like even my blog posts meander in a way that only I understand them.

Is this true?

You can tell me.  We've bonded over potato butter.  We're, like, practically best friends. 

If you've ever seen me chow down at Thanksgiving (which, luckily, you haven't because I assume it's not the most appetizing visual), you would know that I'm a huge fan of sweet potatoes.  My favorite way is covered or mixed with maple syrup and marshmallows.  I just love over-sweetening already sweet potatoes.

It's kind of like dessert for dinner. 

Another favorite thing of mine.

This sweet potato butter has a healthy dose of maple syrup and a touch of salt to bring the flavor out.  When this is done slow cooking to perfection, you'll want to put this on just about anything!








Maple Sweet Potato Butter

1 28 oz. can Pureed sweet potato
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp salt




Combine ingredients in a slow cooker.

Cook on low for 8 hours, stirring occasionally.

Pour into sterilized jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment