Thursday, November 21, 2013

Honey Mustard Pretzel-Coated Swai

With the holidays approaching, I always punish myself by starting a diet during the absolute worst season to watch your calorie intake.  Usually, I go the high-protein, low-carb direction, also known as the anti-Thanksgiving, anti-Christmas dinner diet.

It's this time of the year that I start really experimenting with protein.  It's not easy to get through a diet like this if you don't change up the recipes and make them fresh and exciting.  White fish is a huge part of good low-carb dieting, so I try to reinvent meals so I don't feel like I'm constantly eating the same thing.

This recipe could be used with any white fish, but I used Swai because it was handy.  Fish, depending on the kind, can take on almost any flavor you give it.  Since I love honey mustard, I tried it with the Swai and it came out great.

The pretzel crumb coating is not really low-carb, but it's a delicious compromise and way healthier than coating and frying the fish.  And, it adds a nice crunch to round out all the other flavors and textures.

This is a good addition to any dinner menu and a delicious option for anyone who wants to add a little extra fish to their diet.





Honey Mustard Swai

1 lb. swai fish fillets
1 cup crushed salted pretzels
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp white wine vinegar



Preheat oven 450F.

Whisk together oil, mustard, honey and vinegar.

Coat the fish in the vinaigrette, then coat with pretzel crumbs.

Bake on a cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment