Monday, November 18, 2013

English Toffee Bites

This recipe has been blowing up my Pinterest lately.

I'm not sure if it's a newer recipe or simply out for the holidays.  I mean, I do think of toffee more around Christmas time.

I had previously never made toffee.  In fact, I didn't even know what toffee was made from.  The only thing I knew was that toffee is delicious.  I really didn't have any plans to make my own, even after seeing this recipe on-line.  After reading the comments, however, this sounded really easy.

You know how much I like easy.

The ingredients are minimal, they look amazing, and the flavor is ridiculous.  In a good way.

With Christmas coming, it's going to be that time when everybody starts baking cookies and making candies for others.  These toffee bites might just be the centerpiece on my holiday cookie plate this year!





English Toffee Bites
(adapted from Shugary Sweets)

1 cup salted butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
12 oz. milk chocolate, melted
1 cup finely chopped walnuts




Combine butter, sugar and vanilla in a large pot over medium heat.  Bring mixture to a boil.  Use a candy thermometer to bring the candy to 300F, stirring continuously.

Pour mixture into a foil-lined 8x8 baking dish.  Let cool.

Pour melted chocolate over the top of the toffee.  Top with walnuts before chocolate hardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment