Monday, November 18, 2013

Bleu Cheese-Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

By now, you know my obsessions.

My food obsessions, at least.

Trust me, I'm pretty extreme about everything else in my life too.

I'm pretty crazy about things like chicken wing sauce.  Despite my hatred for chicken wings, that is.

I know, it's weird.  Don't judge me.

I got this idea after having stuffed meatball appetizers at a party recently.  Those meatballs were of the beef variety, but it got me thinking about how I could do stuffed meatballs with ground chicken.  After some research, I found a recipe that appealed to both my love of stuffed meatballs and my ridiculous addiction to chicken wing sauce.

And these, are ridiculously appealing.

I didn't have any specific reason to make these meatballs, so when they were done, they pretty much just went to me.  I don't see any problem with that, though.  I mean, it's not like they're the worst or unhealthiest thing I've ever eaten completely on my own....

I said, don't judge me.  Remember?






Bleu Cheese-Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
(adapted from Inspired By Charm)

1 lb. ground chicken
1/2 white onion, diced
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 egg
4 oz. blue cheese, cut into cubes
1 cup Buffalo sauce




Preheat oven 400F.

In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, onion, garlic, bread crumbs and egg.  Use an ice cream scoop to remove a scoop of meat.

Take a cube of bleu cheese and wrap the scooped meatball around the cube, covering it completely.

Repeat until all of the meat mixture is used up.  Place meatballs on a baking sheet.  I ended up with 18 meatballs.

Bake meatballs for 20 minutes.

Place meatballs in a slow cooker on the lowest setting and cover with Buffalo sauce.  Keep meatballs warm for serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment