Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sweet Potato Gnocchi

Yesterday, I brought you ube gnocchi.

And it was good.

But, I worry that some people will be hesitant of gnocchi that is bright purple.  Even though you and I know it's yams, your guests... they may not.

So, I figured I'd throw my sweet potato gnocchi at you so you can make orange gnocchi...

That might freak out your table of guests too, I suppose, but at least they'll know what a sweet potato is when you describe it.  Give them this, then shock them with good ol' purple gnocchi.



Sweet Potato Gnocchi

1 lb. sweet potatoes, boiled and finely shredded
1 cup flour
1 egg


Combine ingredients together to form a dough.  Don't overwork the dough!  Form a long thin cylinder with the dough and cut the cylinder in 1" pieces.

Drop the pieces into boiling water.  When they float, strain them from the water and serve.



Listening to:   Elton John - Benny & the Jets

No comments:

Post a Comment