Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Irish Cheesecake Brownies

I realize I'm unbelievably late in jumping on the St. Patty's day bandwagon.  And when I say late, I mean, a week and a half after the fact.

Forgive me?

I've been crazy busy these last few weeks and for the most part, unable to get onto a computer, or at least, a computer with internet.  So, while I took some time off from the computer, I was still desperately working away at creating some great recipes for you.

Some of these are recipes that I found in my travels over the last couple of weeks, and I've just finally gotten the opportunity to try them for myself.

As a belated St. Patty's Day to all of my fellow Irish, I started with a recipe I adapted from the Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies.  I dyed the brownies green instead of red though.

Enjoy!




Irish Cheesecake Brownies

Guinness Stout Brownies
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
3/4  cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 stick butter
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups Guinness stout beer
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 tsp salt
4 tsp green food coloring


Irish Cream Cheesecake
2 8oz. bricks cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup Bailey's Irish Cream


Preheat oven 350F.

On a double boiler, melt the butter and chocolate.  Take off heat and add beer.  In a separate bowl, sift together flour and cocoa.

In a stand mixer, combine sugar, salt, eggs,  and food coloring.  Alternate by adding half of the flour amount, then the chocolate mixture, then the rest of the flour to the mixer.  Spread the mix into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.

In large bowl (or clean stand mixer), combine cream cheese, sugar, Irish Cream and egg.  Once smooth, dollop the cream cheese mixture over the brownie mixture.  Keep them carefully separated if possible.  If not, improvise by running a knife through the mixes to create a marbled appearance.

Bake for 40-45 minutes.  Insert a knife through the center, and if it comes out clean, it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment