Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Kale Chips

Kale chips.

The fact that people said kale chips could taste like french fries meant only two things to me.  Either a) everyone on the planet with suffering from broken tastebuds, or b) everyone on the planet is in on a sick joke to get me to try kale chips so they can laugh hysterically when I choke on NOT french fries.

So imagine my surprise when I come face-to-face with a platter of kale chips, and find myself not only NOT grossed out, but actually somewhat curious.

They smelled good.

They didn't look good, but they still smelled good.

I figured, 'hey! i'm feeling adventurous.  why not?'  So, I drove a wrinkly green chip into cheesy dip and opened up wide.

What?

Is that really what those weird veggie chips are supposed to taste like?  Because the image in my head does not add up to the bliss in my belly.

These are really good, and I say this to you with pure genuine surprise and satisfaction.



Kale Chips

2 bunches kale, de-stemmed and cut into pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste


Preheat oven 200F.

Arrange the kale pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet.

Bake for 40-45 minutes or until kale because crispy and breaks apart easily.




Listening to:  The Little Mermaid - Under The Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment