Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Funghi Porcini al Dragoncello (Mushrooms with Tarragon Sauce)

I want to go to Italy.

I've recently been scouring through ideas about things I want to do after I graduate next spring.  I love going on cruises, so I'm considering an extended trip sailing through the Mediterranean.  Of all the places in the world, that's pretty much the one place I really want to see.

I make a lot of Italian food, but I have to admit, I really American-ize my multi-cultural meals.  Sometimes, I like to scour the internet for a real, authentic dish.

I found this recipe porcini mushrooms sauteed with lemon juice and tarragon.  The recipe was pretty simple, so of course, I had to complicate it by making a whole batch of Dragoncello Sauce and using that.  But, since I love the flavor of terragon and this sauce, I enjoy using it on these mushrooms for my own spin on an authentic Italian side dish.

I can't wait to try this out in Italy someday and see how my recipe measures up!










Funghi Porcini al Dragoncello

8 porcini mushrooms

1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp finely diced terragon
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp. lemon juice
Salt & Pepper to taste
1-2 tbsp olive oil

 
Toss mushrooms in a dry skillet over medium heat.  Let the moisture cook out of the mushrooms for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Combine vinegar, terragon, garlic, lemon juice and seasoning in a bowl.  
 
Add the dragoncello sauce to the pan and cook an additional 5-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment