Friday, December 13, 2013

Buffalo Egg Salad Sandwich

I think at this point, we can agree that I'm kind of a hot sauce freak.

I spent all day, well, maybe not all day, but a good chunk of my morning, trying to figure out something new to do with these cartons of eggs I've got.

See, we've got this Amish family in our town that collect fresh chicken eggs and sells them for a dollar a dozen.  All you have to do is bring your own carton to fill. 

My grandmother visits them weekly and fills up and tons of eggs.  This week, she brought me three dozen.

Since they aren't pasteurized, I've got to use them fairly quickly. 

Thus, I've been brainstorming.

This is my latest creation, born out of my love of hot sauce and the fact that I generally pour enough hot sauce on my egg salad to turn it bright orange.  It's a lot more delicious than it is visually enticing, I promise.

Anyway, this recipe came together super easy and tastes amazing.  This is probably my new favorite way of making egg salad.

If you are a hot sauce enthusiast like me, I'm sure you will love it too!






Buffalo Egg Salad Sandwich

8 hard-boiled eggs
1/4 cup Buffalo sauce
1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
Salt & Pepper to taste
Sliced bread of your choice


Smash hard boiled eggs until they are in small chunks.

Add Buffalo sauce and blue cheese.  Stir until well combined.  Season to taste.

Spoon onto a slice of bread and spread.  Top with another layer of bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment