Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mimosa Marinade

I know what you're thinking.

I am obsessing.

It's okay.  I promise.  It's all for the good of you and me.

But I am going to make this my last marinade post for a bit.  Partly, because there's not enough meat in my freezer to keep going at this pace.

I made this marinade after seeing an orange muscat champagne vinegar at Trader Joe's.  Since I do not have this store anywhere around me, I often find myself sitting on the computer looking up groceries I wish I could buy or make for myself.

Do not envy my life.

Anyway,  I tried my hand at it only to find that this marinade reminded me of a mimosa with some extra tang courtesy of the vinegar.

I tried this on fish, but I think it could work equally well on chicken.  Mixed with a little olive oil, this could probably make a salad tasty, too.

I guarantee this fruity, tangy sensation will keep your guests chowing down for hours!





Mimosa Marinade


1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 cup champagne vinegar
1 tbsp packed light brown sugar
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp grated orange zest
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper



Mix all ingredients together in a plastic bag over chicken or fish.  Marinate overnight.

Cook as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment