Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Banana Fritters

I cannot tell a lie.

Very often, I use ingredients in meals that I can't admit to liking on their own.  That's not to say I would experiment with bacon.  We all know that is not going to happen, thank you very much.

But some foods, say, in this case, bananas, are not one of my top all-time favorites from the fruit pile.  I will eat them, but I never crave them.  I don't eat them when there is anything else better or fattier in the house.

Bananas are the kind of snack I eat because the cheese puffs are gone.

The easiest way to get me to eat bananas is to let them over-ripen and throw them in a banana bread.

I would eat that even with cheese puffs in the house.

Anyway, I figured since I had some bananas I knew I wouldn't eat, I'd look around for an interesting recipe to experiment with.

Banana Fritters is what I found.

I ate these plain, but I bet these would go even better with some chocolate sauce or some ice cream.  They are sweet with a crunchy coating and a mushy, melt-in-your-mouth center.

Maybe bananas aren't that bad after all...




Banana Fritters

4 over-ripe bananas
1/2 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Oil for deep frying




Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.  The consistency should be pretty thick.

Heat a pan of oil to 350F.

Using an ice cream scoop, drop a dollop of the banana mixture into the oil one by one.  Give each dollop enough space in the pan.

Fry for 2-3 minutes per side.

Serve with ice cream.







No comments:

Post a Comment