Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Caprese Salad

I love caprese.

Caprese anything, really.

It's surprising to me given that my least favorite vegetable on the planet is a tomato.  Is the tomato a vegetable?  I remember being told in grade school that it didn't technically count as a vegetable.  But, I was also told that subjects like calculus and wood shop would come in handy in my adult life.

Yeah, right.

Thanks for the time suck, Department of Education.

Anyway, as someone who dislikes a regular old lettuce-filled salad, I have to try to get creative in order to get my daily veggie-quota in.  That's where things like this caprese salad come into play.

And, yes, I do know that cucumbers are not caprese.  But since I've been eating cucumbers in balsamic vinegar since I was a child, it seemed natural to put them in this recipe

It's my recipe.  I do what I want.

This is a super easy and simple way to get a ton of vegetables into your diet without feeling like your eating a ton of vegetables.  It's light and summery, but filling.  Plus, it's totally good for you!

How many times can you get such a win-win in one salad?





Caprese Salad


2 cucumbers, sliced
2 cups grape tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella, cubed
1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
Salt & Pepper to taste


Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Chill before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment