Friday, July 12, 2013

Cajun Tilapia

Cajun seasoning.

I have been putting this on, well, just about everything lately.  I can't tell you how many times I've sprinkled it over chicken this week alone.  

For someone who's never been to the South, I sure feel that invisible Cajun blood welling up inside me.

I thought about showing you my Cajun chicken, but, in all honesty, it's just plain chicken and Cajun seasoning.  Sometimes, it's on a bun.  But, other than that, it's pretty straightforward.

I decided to put it on fish because that seemed like a natural fit, considering how much Southerners eat fish and Cajun seasoning.  I can't really boast that they eat it on tilapia because, truthfully, I don't even know where tilapia is fished out of.  

Quite possibly, tilapia doesn't even exist down there.

I'm not a geography major, so you'll have to fill me in on what fish goes best with this seasoning.

Anyway, I put it on tilapia and it was fantastic.  The way I imagine Cajun-style fish is anywhere in the country.

Anyone got any ideas for more fish/meat this seasoning could go on?







Cajun Tilapia
 
2 large Tilapia filets
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 green onion, chopped
1 lemon, sliced into wedges
Salt & Pepper to taste
 
 
Preheat broiler.
 
Place fillets on baking sheet and drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil on the top.  Sprinkle with 1/2 the Cajun seasoning.  Flip and repeat on the other side.
 
Place tilapia under broiler for 4 minutes.  Flip and broil an additional 2-3 minutes. 
 
Garnish with green onions and lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment