Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Comeback Sauce

One of my favorite things about cooking is getting to explore different parts of the country and even the world by trying new recipes.  It makes me realize how much I really need to get out and take a vacation to some of these places. 

Growing up near a military base, I've gotten to know and befriend a lot of people from different parts of the world.  A lot of my friends have grown up in the South, so I've been very fortunate to get my hands on some real Southern-style cooking.

One of my friends from Missouri had moved here from Ft. Polk and turned me onto this sauce last winter during the NCAA Basketball finals.  She brought it over and we literally used it as a dip for everything!  From sauce on hamburgers to a dip for French fries and chicken strips, Comeback sauce is definitely more like Here-To-Stay Sauce in my house!

All terrible attempts at a joke aside, this sauce is really, really good.  You know I wouldn't post it if it wasn't.  So, next time you're looking to spice up your dinner, try this instead of ketchup or mayo.  You'll be just as hooked as I am!








Comeback Sauce

1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup chili sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp onion flakes
1/2 tsp garlic salt
Salt & Pepper to taste


Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until homogenous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment