Monday, May 18, 2015

Mango Habanero Salsa

Spicy.

Spicy never used to be my thing.  I liked all things plain and boring.  I never even tried buffalo chicken until my senior year of college. 

True story.

So, now that I have tried and LOVED most all things hot and spicy, I am obsessing over the combination of mango and habanero.  I love how it's super spicy with a healthy dose of sweetness from the mangoes.  It's an unusual combination, but it totally works!  Plus, for me, I don't really like mangoes as a rule.  I don't like them in freshly sliced the way you might find on a fruit platter.  But like this?  I am absolutely loving it!

I am super into homemade salsas and basically anything I can smother a tortilla chip with.  It's definitely spicier than your average salsa, but it's still got a definite sweetness that a sugar-junkie like me loves.  Plus, the orange and green and purple is eye-catching and screams spring time with all of the colorful,  fresh-from-the-garden veggies.  












Mango Habanero Salsa
 
1 mango, cubed
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
1/3 - 1/2 habanero chile, finely minced
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp minced cilantro
1 tbsp olive oil
 
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.

Serve with chips

No comments:

Post a Comment